What does that mean? It means: "Kill Your Interest", "Kill Your Joy of Music" or even, "Kill Your Creative Spirit".
Let's fix this:
Do you have "music education" questions? Well, I have answers!
* HOW DO I MAKE THE ABSOLUTE MOST OF MY PRACTICE TIME?
* HOW DO I LEARN TO REALLY, REALLY READ MUSIC, NOT JUST FAKE THROUGH IT?
* HOW DO I LEARN NEW MUSIC RAPIDLY AND RETAIN IT FOREVER?
* IS A MUSICIAN ACTUALLY AN ATHLETE? - Yes. Find out how and why, and how you can use this to your advantage.
* IS THERE SUCH A THING AS ACQUIRING PERFECT PITCH? IF SO, HOW IS THAT ACCOMPLISHED?
* THE "10,000 HOUR RULE": VALID? or BOGUS?
* HOW DO I GET GOOD, REALLY GOOD, OR EVEN GREAT, IN THE SHORTEST AMOUNT OF TIME?
AND FOR SONGWRITERS:
* DO I HAVE TO WAIT AROUND FOR SOME 'MUSE', OR ARE THERE WAYS TO TRULY "BE CREATIVE" AT WILL?
* WHAT ABOUT CRITICS, "INNER" AND "OUTER"? HOW DO I GET THE "INNER CRITIC" TO KNOCK IT OFF? AND HOW DO I DEAL WITH THE "OUTER" ONES?
* HOW DO I PUT MUSIC AND LYRICS TOGETHER APPROPRIATELY FOR ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM IMPACT? [yes, there ARE time-honored methods that many of the greats use, but will still make YOUR songs sound like YOU and not everybody else.]
* HOW DO I MAKE THIS LITTLE HOME STUDIO OF MINE, CAPABLE OF PUTTING OUT MASTER QUALITY PRODUCT? [yes, that can be done too, and you DON'T have to spend $100,000 to do it! Or even $10 thousand, or even $1000! Would you believe a less than a few hundred - or ZERO $, depending on what you ALREADY have.. Really!]
* WHAT ARE THE BEST INDUSTRY PRACTICES - LEGITIMATE AND SAFE CHANNELS - TO GET MY MUSIC OUT THERE AND GET FAIRLY RECOMPENSED FOR IT? [And.. how to spot and reject "song sharks" and the like]
AND FOR PERFORMERS:
* HOW DO I PRESENT MYSELF ONSTAGE SO AS TO SPELLBIND AN AUDIENCE - EVERY TIME?
* HOW DO I EXPAND MY SINGING RANGE?
* HOW DO I "FIND" THE MEANING AND EMOTION OF THE SONG AND COMMUNICATE THOSE MEANINGS AND EMOTIONS TO AN AUDIENCE? [yes, a great song usually has multiple elements, and no matter how great your singing technique, without the above skill, the audience will be left cold.]
* AND - CAN I MAKE A LIVING, A GOOD LIVING, DOING THIS CRAZY THING THAT I LOVE??
As mentioned above, I found some real answers to those questions, and others.. And I continue to search for and 'unearth' the best material I can.
I believe I can answer your questions. You have come to the right place.
The purpose of this site is to see that this music education knowledge, information, and routes to expertise get relayed to you, to really help you become the best musician you can be!
Let's MAKE MUSIC BETTER!!
NO Weights - NO Rubber Balls. & NO Endless Plateaus.
Just Observable Improvement.
Get It On Amazon [Paperback]:
Download the PDF [e-book]:
And the accolades continue: David Grisman [above] uses "The Original" Cowling System:
DOWNLOAD "THE ORIGINAL COWLING SYSTEM©" -- PDF "E-BOOK" - 70 pages [$22.50 via PAYPAL secure]
THE SOFTCOVER PHYSICAL BOOK IS BACK IN PRINT! - Available at Amazon.
And still more [actual and unsolicited] rave reviews for "The Original" Cowling System:
FROM A VIOLINIST:
"The Cowling System © is a set of 12 exercises designed to increase the flexibility and strength of the hand, wrist, and fingers.
"I bought the course in 1978 and have found them to be invaluable.
"I've kept them all these years and still use them to warm up with before playing."
~ Richard Barton posted on VIOLINIST.COM
FROM A BASS PLAYER:
?"My fingers actually DO what my brain tells them to do, WITHOUT getting confused."
~ Anthony Jerome Smith, 35-year veteran bass player.
FROM A PIANIST:
"In 1976, my teacher gave me his copy of all the exercises, whereupon I made xeroxed pages to put in a binder.
"My teacher was amazed at my progress that in a year I could play, for example, the prelude #17 of Chopin!
~ "RPN58" (from a pianists' discussion board in England, 2006)
FROM A GUITARIST:
"I was introduced to the Cowling System © in the 1980's by a violinist in his seventies, who had amazing dexterity on his instrument for HIS age.
"Through the use of the COWLING SYSTEM ©, I went from "amateur" to an "A" level in music in a very short number of years.
"I have been using the exercises continuously since my friend gave them to me and believe me - THEY WORK."
~ Don Wills Guitarist, Great Britain
FROM A VIOLINIST:
"I must say I am highly delighted with the way my fingering has improved since I commenced your hand strengthening exercises.
"Recently, I became very depressed about my playing and almost decided to give it up, but now I feel it's a pleasure, thanks to the Cowling System. ©"
~ "THE VIOLINIST" Magazine, December, 1924
I'd love to see YOUR testimonial on this list! If you really do "THE ORIGINAL" COWLING SYSTEM © of Hand Strengthening Exercises", you CAN master and truly enjoy your music!